Complain about an insolvency practitioner or the Insolvency Service

Business: Funding Debt

    You can complain about an insolvency practitioner’s unprofessional or unethical conduct to their authorising body. If you want to complain about how your case has been handled, contact the Insolvency Service.

    Practitioner complaints

    If you’re unhappy about the conduct of an insolvency practitioner in the UK, take it up with them in person or in writing.

    If you’re not satisfied with their response, you can take your complaint to their authorising body. Get the authorising body’s details from the practitioner or by calling the Insolvency Enquiry Line.

    The authorising body won’t be able to change a practitioner’s decision or get involved in your case.

    Insolvency Enquiry Line
    0300 678 0015
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

    Complaining about insolvency services in the UK

    If you can’t resolve the complaint by talking to the person or department involved, you can make a formal complaint in writing or in an e-mail.

    You’ll need to include:

    • your name and address
    • name of bankrupt, company or subject
    • court number or reference if known

    Insolvency Service (England and Wales)

    Complain through the Insolvency Service website.

    Accountant in Bankruptcy (Scotland)

    Complain to the operational policy and compliance team.

    Accountant in Bankruptcy
    0300 200 2600
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
    Find out about call charges

    Operational Policy and Compliance team

    Accountant in Bankruptcy

    1 Pennyburn Road


    KA13 6SA

    Northern Ireland Insolvency Service

    Complain to the customer relations officer.

    Northern Ireland Insolvency Service
    028 9025 1441
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

    Customer relations officer

    The Insolvency Service

    Fermanagh House

    Ormeau Avenue


    BT2 8NJ

    How to complain about the insolvency service or an insolvency practitioner, complain about unprofessional or unethical conduct or how your case has been handled