Recover debt from elsewhere in the EU

Business: Funding Debt

    Use internationally-recognised court forms to recover money you’re owed by someone in another EU country.

    This is known as making a ‘cross-border’ claim. You will have to pay a court fee.

    If they admit owing the money

    You can make a European Payment Order if the other person or business admits owing the money.

    If they deny owing the money

    You can use the European Small Claims procedure if they deny owing the money, and you’re owed less than €2,000.

    You may have to use the national court system for larger sums of money, and should get legal advice:

    Find out more about making a cross-border claim in the EU.

    Debt recovery if you’re owed money from people or businesses in another EU country – how to ask for a repayment