The Flood Innovation Centre (FIC) supports small and medium-sized businesses to develop new flood resilience products and services.
Building on its strengths in flooding, geoscience, climate change, logistics and computer science, the University of Hull has established the Flood Innovation Centre (FIC) to provide a hub for research and innovation focused on flood risk and resilience.
The Centre supports Humber based small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to develop flood resilience, mitigation, management and response solutions. The £3.4m Flood Innovation Centre is based within the University’s Energy and Environment Institute and is supported with £1.9m from the European Regional Development Fund.
FIC is delivering a programme of research, development and innovation support to help businesses to collaborate with the University to develop flood resilience solutions. Collaborative projects and partnerships may also involve large companies and other research organisations where appropriate.
If you’re an SME in the Humber region driving flood innovation you could be eligible.
Primarily, we’ll be working with (but not restricted to) the following sectors:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Business Support
- Public Sector
Our packages work around your business goals and you’ll work with a dedicated Technology Research Manager to ensure these are achieved.
If you’re a business based in the Humber region with the ambition to develop a new or current flood-related product, service or process – The Flood Innovation Centre is here to help.
- Support Type Finance (any), Grants, and Business Expertise and Advice
- Support Categories Grow and Sustain, Developing new products or services, Finding new customers and markets (UK and overseas), Research and Development, and Energy and the Environment
- Scheme Funded By ERDF
- Contact Telephone 01482 462275
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number of EmployeesUnder 10 and Up to 249
- Regions:East Riding, Hull