The Humber Social Enterprise Accelerator (Humber SEA) can help social enterprises to take their next steps in their growth journey.
Do you operate a Social Enterprise that is looking to focus on sustainability and growth? Then look no further than the Humber Social Enterprise Accelerator (Humber SEA).
Delivered by CERT CIC on behalf of the HEY Growth Hub’s Business Growth Scheme, if you are an established social enterprise the Humber SEA can help you to:
- Be financially robust and able to face the future
- Take advantage of growth opportunities
- Access a wider range of markets and opportunities
- Develop new products and services
- Develop assets
- Increase employment opportunities
- Undertake succession planning
- Manage volunteers more effectively
Eligible social enterprises will receive a minimum of 12 hours of support through the programme, focused on exploring growth opportunities and removing barriers to growth. In practice, this may include:
- Support with Human Resource Management – employing and managing people, self-employment regulations, policies and procedures, the recruitment process
- Planning and developing products or services – undertaking market research, pricing, building partnerships, getting good systems in place, demonstrating value
- Funding and resourcing – social investment/social finance, trading and grant income, financial management and systems, developing assets/buildings
The support is flexible and will adapt to the individual organisation’s needs, however if you are looking to achieve one or more of the following impacts on your organisation then the Humber SEA is likely for you:
- Job Creation
- Increased volunteer levels
- Businesses introducing new to firm products
- Businesses introducing new to market products
- Job Safeguarding
- Increased Turnover
- Productivity Improvements
- Increased employee engagement
To learn more about the programme and discover if the available support can help your social enterprise achieve its plans for growth, please contact:
Suite 15-16, Waters Edge Business Centre, Maltkiln Road, Barton Upon Humber, DN18 5JR
Mobile: 07792 468756
Subject to eligibility, Humber SEA can offer you a minimum of 12 hours of fully funded (i.e. free to access) support delivered by CERT CIC Directors.
Support will be tailored to the specific needs of your organisation, and provided through one-to-one coaching, mentoring, peer-led action learning sessions and interactive masterclasses.
The Humber SEA will support 30 social enterprises up until 31st March 2023, and support will be offered on a “first come, first served” basis, and so we would encourage you to express your interest in the scheme as soon as possible.
Alongside the Humber SEA, we will also be operating a number of fully funded workshops for Social Enterprises. Commencing in October 2022, these full-day workshops will cover the essential components needed to grow and sustain a social enterprise, including:
- How to Unlock Social Investment – Friday 28th October 2022 9.30am-4.30pm (Book here)
- How to Value and Evidence Impact – Friday 11th November 2022 9.30am-4.30pm (Book here)
- Finance and Trading Considerations for Social Enterprises – Friday 25th November 2022 9.30am-4.30pm (Book here)
- HR for Social Enterprises and Volunteer Management – Friday 2nd December 2022 9.30am-4.30pm (Book here)
Humber SEA – Eligibility
To receive support through the programme, social enterprises must complete a registration form, and meet the eligibility requirements, which as a minimum include:
- Be trading in the Humber area – Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire
- Have less than 250 full-time equivalent employees
- Have a turnover of less than €50m or a balance sheet of less than €43m
- Have received less than €200,000 State Aid in a rolling 3-year period
Assistance is available to complete the registration form and assess eligibility.
The Humber SEA can work with the following types of social enterprise:
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with Charitable Status
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with Social Objectives
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
- Charitable Trusts
The Humber SEA can work with any or all relevant stakeholders in the organisation, for example directors, trustees, senior managers and staff (depending on organisational type & status). However, your social enterprise must be registered onto the Humber SEA in the first instance by a senior representative of your organisation; that is, a Director, Trustee or Chief Executive/Managing Director.
- Scheme Start Date 01-Oct-2022 12:00am
- Scheme End Date 31-Mar-2023 12:00am
- Support Type Business Expertise and Advice
- Support Categories Grow and Sustain, Developing new products or services, Finding new customers and markets (UK and overseas), Mentoring and Networking, and Employment and Skills
- Number of EmployeesUp to 249
- Regions:East Riding, Hull