Organiser: Hull and East Yorkshire Growth Hub
Event Type: Information Session
Where: Humber View Hotel, North Ferriby
This workshop provides an introduction into what recruitment and resourcing involves.
It describes the stages of the recruitment process: defining the role, including job analysis and job description; attracting the applicants using both internal and external methods; taking into consideration the importance of talent pipelines and utilising funding; managing the selection process; and, finally, making the appointment and employment offer.
Your employees are a vital part of determining the success of your business. Finding the best employees for each position requires strong recruitment strategies. Top talent will not always find you. You must seek out people to fill the positions that you have open.
Having a well-designed recruitment process will streamline your recruiting efforts and keep you on track to find the best people for your organisation. Using simple techniques like clearly defined roles and pre-interview screening can help save time and identify those “A-Players” who will contribute most to the success of the business. We’ll also share the Top 11 recruiting pitfalls to avoid.
Run by Kate van der Sluis of Humber HR People this workshop will also explore the importance of employer branding and the candidate experience and the impact this can have on how successful your recruiting campaign will be, especially in the current climate.
Completing this workshop will help you:
• Recognise the importance of adopting a structured recruitment process as well as the use of relevant selection methods, that ensure a great candidate experience.
• Help you to understand the importance of your employer brand and the impact it can have on the success of your recruitment campaigns.
• Examine the stages in the recruitment and selection process for your own organisation, and how your recruitment activity feeds into your talent pipeline.
• Get advice on how to research and access funding to support your talent pipeline.
• Know how to advertise vacancies and shortlist candidates.
• Set up selection interviews.
• Be able to make an offer and know your legal obligations when recruiting people into your team.
There are 0 upcoming dates for this event.