Organiser: Hull and East Yorkshire Growth Hub
Event Type: Webinar
Develop a digital marketing strategy to boost your sales.
Workshop 1: Creating a digital marketing strategy to hit your goals – 8th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 2: Workshop 2: Developing a high impact tactical digital marketing plan – 15th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 3: Implementing your digital marketing plan – 22nd November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
About this event
This ‘Digital Skills Academy’ topic will provide you with the tools and understanding required to take your digital marketing to the next level, driving more new and repeat sales. It combines three interlinked, action orientated Masterclasses designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support needed to develop and implement a high impact digital marketing strategy. By the end you will have developed a digital marketing strategy and a clear and deliverable implementation plan.
The Masterclasses are connected, and delegates are encouraged to sign up for all three to gain the maximum benefit. The individual sessions will cover the following areas:
Workshop 1: Creating a digital marketing strategy to hit your goals
This 2-hour Masterclass will begin the development of your digital marketing strategy covering:
- Defining where you are on your digital marketing journey.
- Identifying challenges and opportunities.
- Review your existing assets and tools, and how to get the best out of what you’ve already got.
- Define your vision, mission and brand.
- Post Masterclass exercise: develop the strategic framework for your digital marketing strategy.
Workshop 2: Developing a high impact tactical digital marketing plan
This 2-hour Masterclass is designed to delve deeper into the development of your digital marketing strategy.
- Review exercises from the first Masterclass to confirm what delegates want to achieve through their digital marketing strategy.
- Review the main tools at your disposal and how you can use them to attract new and retain existing customers.
- Develop an understanding of what you will need to change and evolve e.g. website, social media activity, business model, etc.
- Create a plan for the development of digital marketing tactics:
1. Website: Keywords, SEO, user experience.
2. Social: Bios/hashtags/target audiences, management solutions, messaging.
3. Email Marketing: content, integration, analytics and management.
4. Developing content: key messaging, storytelling, killer visuals, management platforms.
- Post Masterclass exercise: using toolkit provided to develop digital marketing implementation plan.
Workshop 3: Implementing your digital marketing plan
This 2-hour Masterclass will focus on bringing it all together and delivering your digital marketing plan.
- Review exercise from second Masterclass to share delegates ideas on how they will implement their digital marketing plan.
- Refining the digital marketing plan: creating powerful customer journeys, developing great content, moving customers through the sales funnel.
- Discussion to review plans, identify skills requirements and to identify the resources and support available to execute the plan including Digital Catalyst support.
About the facilitator:
Emily has over 10 years’ experience working with businesses from all sectors, including particularly the tourism sector, both as a business proprietor and providing business support. As an owner of two award-winning tourism businesses, Emily has been well placed to empathise and fully understand the pressures, challenges and opportunities present for small business. Sharing experience, knowledge and skills, she provides rich business support that goes beyond theory to accelerate learning and results.
Emily founded and runs the hugely popular StaffordshireHour weekly Twitter chat, facilitates local networking groups & has a large private client base. She has significant experience of working within both the private & public sectors, and has delivered and worked on several collaborative, funded projects with a range of organisations over the last few years. These include various digital technology adoption projects including Digital Catalyst for Humber businesses, Bright Sparks Project in the Peak District, W.I.R.E Challenge (Women in Rural Enterprise, a central Government funded project to improve digital skills in a superfast broadband Staffordshire), as well as working with Staffordshire University Business School to develop their new Masters in Digital Marketing.
*Please note that these masterclasses are recorded and made available for viewing on online platforms. By registering, you consent to the masterclass being recorded and shared.
There are 3 upcoming dates for this event.