Local authority Licensing

This section covers all the licence permissions, registrations and permits issued by councils required to conduct your business lawfully. Each Council in our region is responsible for licensing businesses that operate in their areas, below are the links to each council licensing web sites.

Hull City Council – Licensing

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Licensing

Trading Standards

The trading standards services provide businesses with the information they need to comply with their legal requirements. Below are links to the four local authority trading standards web sites.

Hull City Council – Trading Standards

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Trading Standards


Environmental Health

Environmental Health covers a wide range of business areas including Food Hygiene, Health and safety, pollution, noise control and much more. Below are links to the  four local authority departments departments websites. Where you will find details of their services.

Hull City Council – Environmental Health

East Riding of Yorkshire Council- Environmental Health


All the necessary planning application advice and information you require to apply for permission can be obtained from each of the Local Authorities websites.

Hull City Council – Planning

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Planning